Friday, October 27, 2017

A New Season

It's been 4 years since I last posted on my blog.  Our marriage and family has faced so many storms during that time.  I honestly had no intentions of continuing my blog where I last left off because I didn't know what to share and not to share.  Then wouldn't you know it as life got busy the days turned into years, and I forgot about my blog.  

As my blog was floating in that vast sea of forgetfulness that swishes around in my brain I came across a comment on an article I was reading that threw a life raft at it! 

This article was about a famous Christian actor and his "not religious" wife were planning on a legal separation and/or divorce.  The commentator blamed the failed marriage by stating the actor was a Christian and the wife was an atheist and that could never work.  I was appalled! First of all, the commentator assumed the wife as an atheist just because she had no religious stance, and secondly, I and my husband are a testament that a marriage between a Christian and Atheist can work!   Even if...I repeat...IF....our marriage failed it would have nothing to do with our differences of spiritual beliefs. 

Well, at least that misinformed commentator woke up the sleeping desire in my heart.  The desire to spread the biblical truth to how we should love atheists (and everyone for that matter), through Christ. 

More to come. 

God Bless!

Marti

No comments:

Post a Comment